What is eXposed?
- The Harvey Milk Photo Center will host an exhibition of the selected works of the San Francisco Street Photography Group. This is an invitation for select members of the group to submit their best street photography images, exhibiting uniqueness, solid execution and strong compositional elements. The best 60-75 images as determined by the jury will be exhibited at the Harvey Milk Photo Center and the McLaren Lodge in Golden Gate Park over a six-week period beginning in early December.
Who can enter?
- The competition is open to all members of the San Francisco Street Photography Group.
How many photos can I enter?
- You can submit up to 5 total photos.
What is the cost to participate?
- The submission fee is $50 per artist.
What does my money go?
- All proceeds received will finance the gallery showcase and assist in gallery lighting updates for the Harvey Milk Photo Center.
What are the requirements?
- Submitted images must conform to defined group parameters, including the following:
- Must have been taken within the City and County of San Francisco;
- Must include people;
- Submitter must be the author of the image.
When is the deadline for sending in submissions?
When will I be informed of the judges decision?
Is my work guaranteed to be featured at the exhibit?
- Unfortunately we cannot guarantee all participants a place in the exhibit. But please know your submission donation is for a great cause.
How do I Submit?
- Register for an account and submit $50 entry fee
- Link to upload photos will be provided after payment is received.
- Image uploads due by March XX, 2018.
How should I format the file name for my photos?
- Save files with file format: “LastName_FirstName_image title.jpg” (e.g. Doe_Jane_FirstStreet.jpg)
What size and format should I upload photos in?
- All files must be high quality JPEG.
- No less than 2000px on the shortest side @ 300dpi.
- Please do not embed any border lines or watermarks in any of the images submit.
How will printing/matting be handled?
- Printing and Mounting will be managed by SFSP Admin Team
What type of Paper and Finish will be used?
- Premium Fuji Deep Matte
- Printed on Heavy Kodak Supra Endura paper.
Do I need to purchase mounting hardware?
- No purchase necessary by artist – All matted prints to be unframed and mounted in place by use of “L-Brackets/Pins”.
Who do I contact for questions?